If you’re a homeowner or renter, there’s a pretty good chance you have had to enlist the help of at least one home repair company or service person. Sometimes your interactions are positive, but other times you may wait for hours and the job still does not get done right. At Rooter Group Inc., we won’t leave you waiting or disappointed. So, as professionals in the plumbing field, we’d like to share with you some of the telltale signs you are dealing with a good and honest professional plumber in Toronto:
- They give you a quote in writing: How many times have you received a service quote only to have the service provider turn around at the end of it and say, “Well, it was a little more than I thought”? Unfortunately, too many service providers rely on their position as “your best or only bet” to take advantage of you. A true professional will give you a quote in writing and discuss substantial changes to that quote before asking you to pony up for the bill.
- They walk you through the problems: Plumbers, like vehicle mechanics, often have work orders because few people understand how to do plumbing themselves. This can mean the unscrupulous folks may try to take advantage of customers by up-selling with unnecessary fixes or by making up problems. A good plumber will bring you into where the work is happening, point to the issue and allow you to ask questions about the best way to fix it.
- They show up on time: Most can agree that cable guys are notorious for not showing up on time, even though you scheduled an appointment a week in advance. In the plumbing world, when we get a call, it usually means a family is currently unable to use their own bathroom or kitchen. A professional plumber in Toronto will show up on time and get things flowing again.
- They clean up their messes and protect your home: Whether it means wearing boot covers or laying down plastic, a professional will do everything they can to protect the home they are working in. You should never come into your bathroom to discover that the plumber you hired made a bigger mess than your overflowing toilet.
- You get what you paid for: If you go to press the handle of your new toilet and it comes off in your hand, you did not get what you paid for. Too often, heavy workloads and client backups make some well-meaning professionals sloppy due to the fact they are pressed for time. Make sure that the plumber you hire walks you through the finished result and demonstrates that the job was done right. That way if the handle comes off, they will be right there to fasten it back on.
When you hire the team at Rooter Group Inc., you are getting the nicest plumbers in Toronto for all your plumbing needs. We’ll happily beat any quoted price for plumbers and plumbing services from a legitimate plumber, and provided within the last six months. Call us today to learn more!