We can’t all be plumbers, which is why when a plumbing disaster strikes, most people are glad they can call one to help make it a thing of the past. Sometimes, however, if the problem is minor enough, you can be the hero in your own home and make quick work of the issue—all without having to call for a professional plumber in Toronto!
But, in order to get the job done, you’re going to need some essential tools. Here are five everyday plumbing items that every homeowner should have around at any given time, in case your time to shine as a plumber arises unexpectedly:
- Plumber’s tape or PTFE tape is a waterproof tape that can help you out in a pinch—especially if your disastrous plumbing emergency is really just a little leak.
- Valve and pipe wrenches are cheap enough for any handyman to purchase and can be found at your local hardware store. When you need to remove piping or take off a fixture, you’ll be happy you have the right tools for the job.
- A plunger has a place in every bathroom. This simple yet effective tool can clear costly blockages and help restore toilet flow in a pinch, before you have a critical overflow on your hands.
- A toilet auger might just be the best investment you make when it comes to resolving plumbing problems. You’ll save a nice chunk of change by doing the same job a professional plumber in Toronto is likely to charge you for.
- O-rings and washers may look small and useless, but when it comes to an airtight seal for your plumbing, they’re exactly what you’ll need for the job.